INDIGO Biosciences, Inc.
State College, PA
Reports to: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: State College, PA
INDIGO Biosciences, Inc., based in State College, PA, is a biosciences company that is a global leader of mammalian cell-based nuclear receptor (NR) assay kits and related screening services. INDIGO’s customers include leading US pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, and nutraceutical companies, who use INDIGO’s products and services to improve the speed, accuracy, ease and cost efficiency of their drug discovery research. In addition to NR products, INDIGO’s technology platform includes growth factor assays, gene expression profiling and in vitro toxicology capabilities.
INDIGO’s Associate Scientists are bench scientists that work within a Research Team. It is expected that they will be intellectually engaged in critically evaluating experimental data, trouble-shooting technical problems, brainstorming the application of new or alternative technologies/methods, and interacting with INDIGO’s Sales and Marketing Teams, as well as directly with our customers.
Areas of technical responsibilities include:
- The execution of experiments aimed at developing, optimizing, and validating new mammalian cell-based assays for INDIGO’s products and services portfolios.
- The large-scale manufacturing of mammalian reporter cells and assay kit components
- Performing routine quality QA testing of inventory stocks and executing inventory control policies to ensure the availability and integrity of INDIGO products.
- Assist Senior Scientists in the execution of contract service studies for INDIGO’s various biopharma, biotech, academic, and governmental clients.
- Execute ‘Inventory Control’ policies to ensure the availability and integrity of INDIGO Products.
- Routine Quality Assurance (QA) testing of Inventory stocks, and remanufacturing materials as needed to maintain appropriate levels of Inventory materials.
- Maintain and generate DNA stocks, as needed (plasmid purifications and gel analyses)
- Maintain an up-to-date, neat, orderly notebook according to the policies of the company.
- Contribute to weekly lab meetings. Associate Scientists are expected to present and interpret their own data for the Team, as well as to propose ‘next steps’ to advance their project. Further, Associate Scientists are expected to be fully intellectually engaged in critical evaluating other’s experimental data, as well as in the group processes of trouble-shoot technical problems, ‘brain storming’ the application of new or alternative technologies, and formulating and prioritizing sound experimental strategies to benefit individual & Team objectives.
- Communicate proactively with their Team members and their supervisor. Frequent informal discussions should be willingly initiated to provide others with updates on new data and/or developments in the lab, including experimental successes and failures, as well as problematic technical issues.
- Maintain a safe, clean, orderly, and functional work environment in the common lab spaces, and specific accountability for managing their designated cubicle areas.
Preferred technical proficiencies and experiences:
- Mammalian cell culture techniques
- Plasmid purification methods
- Data analyses using Microsoft Excel and/or GraphPad Prism software
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field of the biological sciences
- BSc Degree with a minimum of 5 years (post-degree) relevant experience working in a biosciences research or manufacturing laboratory
- Authorization to work legally in the United States
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
INDIGO is an equal employment opportunity employer. INDIGO makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment.