Facility Technician Level I
INDIGO Biosciences, Inc.
State College, PA
Reports to: Shipping and Receiving Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: State College, PA
NOTE: This position is not remote. The successful applicant will be expected to report in-person to the INDIGO office for work each day.
INDIGO Biosciences, Inc., based in State College, PA, is a biotechnology company that is a global leader of nuclear receptor (NR) assay kits and related screening services. Its customers include leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, and nutraceutical companies around the globe, and they are increasingly selecting INDIGO’s products and services to improve the speed, accuracy, ease, and cost efficiency of their drug discovery research. In addition to NR products, INDIGO is continuing to expand its product and services offerings, as well as engaging new industry segments.
With the expansion and growth of our company now is a great time to be a part of our team! The Facility Technician position is vital to our growth.
The Facility Technician will utilize varied skill sets in their work, which will focus on three primary areas:
Shipping and Receiving Duties:
- Assist in packaging, and shipping of INDIGO products
- Assist in establishing and maintaining vendor relations
- Assist in materials procurement
- Assist mailroom duties through sorting and delivery of parcels.
Facilities Management Duties:
- Support any afterhours building needs and activities as required.
- Assist IT with on-site support
- Respond to facilities emergencies.
- Perform facility inspections and report on condition affecting operations.
- Maintain, basic repair, and renovate physical office environment through tool use and contractor use.
Laboratory Support Duties:
- Review and understand laboratory equipment and methods of operation
- Maintain laboratory equipment and stock supplies
- Perform basic support procedures, such as collagen coating of assay plates
- Facilitate the repair of lab equipment
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements
- Assist Scientists with light laboratory duties
- Maintain chemical and biological compounds log
- Coordinate scheduling of laboratory maintenance and cleaning of equipment with Scientists
Other assigned tasks as requested.
- Associates degree or equivalent certifications in a technical field
- 2-4 years of related workplace experience
- Physically able to stand, walking, sit, stoop, climb stairs during an 8 hr workday
- Able to lift 40 lbs from floor to bench level
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with MS Word and Excel software
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with vendors, contractors and INDIGO Personnel
- Exchanges information in a timely manner
- Knows who to keep informed. Uses confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrate commitment, dedication, cooperation, positive behavior, adaptability, and flexibility with changes in jobs duties
- Satisfactory results from a background check
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INDIGO Biosciences, Inc., based in State College, PA, is a leading provider of nuclear receptor and in vitro toxicology solutions that accelerate scientific decision-making. INDIGO supplements the world’s largest portfolio of nuclear receptor kits and services and in vitro toxicology solutions with greater results readability, reproducibility, and faster turnaround times. Our solutions, plus supportive team and reliable science and platforms aim to reduce the time, cost, and risk associated with the discovery process. Our customers include leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical companies, and they are increasingly selecting INDIGO’s products and services to improve the speed, accuracy, ease, and cost efficiency of their discovery research. With the expansion and growth of our company now is a great time to become part of the team!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
INDIGO is an equal employment opportunity employer. INDIGO makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment.